Ideas for Chocolate, Cheese Tastings
Party Idea #1: Cheese Tasting and Pairing Try three types of cheese. to start They can be:
- Cheeses from three different countries or continents, or…
- Cheeses of three textures (soft, semisoft, hard), or…
- Cheeses from three different types of animals (sheep, goat, cow)
Then get adventurous and provide three different toppings/sides to serve with the cheese. Choose from:
- Raspberry Jalapeno Ambrosia $8.49
- Peach Harbanero Ambrosia $8.49
- Cranberry Fool $8.99
- Fig preserves
- Orange marmalade
Sounds weird? Try a little at home first and see what you like best!Party Idea #2: Chocolate, anyone? A variation on a theme.
- Do a little research. Find out how chocolate candy is made from a hard little nib. Identify the regions of the world that can produce chocolate.
- Have everyone bring their favorite chocolate, along with a little writeup on origin, where the chocolate is made, % chocolate, etc.
- Provide tasting notes. Have your guests rate each chocolate based on flavor, texture, and appearance.
- Provide mini-pretzels to use as palate cleansers between chocolates.
- Announce the results. Provide a prize for the person who brought the winning chocolate.