Ever made French Toast with Italian cake? It’s high time. Here’s what you do:
1. Melt a couple of pats of butter in a saucepan.
2. Whip up a few eggs (Fruth Farms are best – get on the list), pour in a little cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Slice Panettone into 1/2 inch slices.
4. Dredge into egg mixture, then cook in butter until crunchy on each side.
5. Shake a little powdered sugar on top and drizzle with hot syrup.
Bellissimo! The toast is silky textured, with layers and pockets perfect for catching the sugar and syrup. For loved ones of all ages!
Where to get Panettone? We’ve got a few here in Valentine’s red at 1/2 price while they last! 100 gram mini size normally $8.99, now $4.49. Grande 1000 gm size normally $39.99, on sale for $19.99. Call to reserve 214.696.2327.